Basic criteria & selection procedure for selection as a General Duty (Pilot) through Short Service Commission in PAF (SSC Males & Females)
Pakistan Air Force has been selecting the right type of young boys & girls as pilots through PAF GDP through Short Service Commission Course to fly modern and high-tech fighter aircrafts. Young Pakistani eligible candidates are advised to join PAF GD (Pilot) through Short Service Commission Course (SSC). After a high competitive intelligence tests, academic, interviews, medical fitness examinations and interviews. The candidates are shortlisted for ISSB tests and final CMB (Combined Medical Boards) for medical fitness & examination. Finally recommended candidates are awarded commission from the President of Pakistan in Pakistan Air Force as a Commissioned Officer. Those who are selected / recommended through the PAF selection procedure will go through high-standard academic, military, flying and professional training at PAF Academy Asghar Khan, Resalpur (KPK) . They can look forward to a rewarding career in General Duty (Pilot) Branch.
The student having intermediate i.e FSc / A ‘Level are eligible to apply for the above-mentioned PAF courses. For GD (Pilot) Course of Permanent Commission, details and guidelines please scroll down.
GD PILOT COURSE ( SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION) & ITS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
A candidate has to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria to join PAF GDP (SSC) course.
- Age: A candidate age 16-22 years can apply for the GDP course.
- Nationality: Male and Female Citizen of Pakistan.
- Height and Weight: Minimum height of a candidate is 5 feet and 4 inches and weight as per Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Marital Status: Only Unmarried can apply for GDP (SSC) Course.
- Vision: Vision of a candidate must have 6/6 each eye (without glasses).
- Training Period: 04 years education and training at Risalpur
- Educational Qualification: candidate must have pass with minimum 60% marks in any one of the following
- FSc (pre-engineering)
- FSc (Pre-Medical)
- A’Level with subject Physics and (Math or Biology) with equivalence of Pre-Engineering & Pre-Medical
- FSc (Computer Science)
- FSc with Physics and any other two subjects from ( Maths, Stat, Computer Science, Biology)
INELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS APPLYING FOR PAF GD(P) COURSE
A candidate will not eligible for PAF GD Pilot course under the following circumstances
- A candidate was twice rejected by Inter-Services Selection Board (ISSB).
- Candidate Twice screened out by ISSB.
- A candidate Dismissed, Removed, Debarred from any Govt Services.
- Candidate who Tested within 120 days (four months) gap of the previous appearance in ISSB.
- Dismissed/ Removed/ Debarred from Armed Forces, PAK Army, Navy, or PAF.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for any heinous offense (to be ascertained by the competent military authority).
- Permanently UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- The Candidate who withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college or Armed Forces institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Those who withdraw, discharged, resigned, or purchase commission from any Armed Forces officers Academy & Armed forces Training Institution on any ground.
PAF GENERAL DUTY (PILOT) REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
PAF has facilitated all candidates to apply Online for Registration by visiting official website of Pakistan Air Force. Now there is no need to visit the PAF Information & selection centers for registration personally & physically by the candidates. For registration at PAF Information & selection centers visit your nearest PAF I & SC. To view a list of all PAF selection Centers and Contact details visit PAF official website available on internet.
For Online Registration Click on the official website link of PAF. www.joinpaf.gov.pk
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR GD(P) COURSE
A candidate has to pass through these initial stages at PAF Information & selection centers to shortlisted for ISSB test
- Register Online or Make Registration at PAF I & SC. Print your approved registration slip.
- Initial Test of GDP course written/ Intelligence test.
- Academic Test in the following subjects.
- General Duty Pilot: E-Testing from English and Physics (Matric & Intermediate Level (GD Pilot Preparation Booklet)
- Initial Medical Examination
- Initial Interview at PAF Information & selection center by OC or Psychologist I&SC.
- Preparation of merit list by the Directorate of HRI, PAF Air Headquarters Peshawar.
- Issuance of ISSB Forms / filling & Submission at PAF Information & selection center.
Candidates will receive notice / information / message for ISSB Test through the website as well as call up latter at home address as candidates mentioned in their ISSB form.
- ISSB Test & Interviews (5 Days Procedure)
- Final Medical Examination. (Final Medical at Central Medical Board Lahore CMB
- Selection by AHQ on the basis of overall performance of the candidates in the academic tests, interviews, ISSB tests and academic qualification. ( PAF GDP Course Final Merit List)
The Selected Candidates will have to undergo the training period of 04 years at PAF Asghar Khan Academy Risalpur KPK.
Award of BS Degree in Aviation Management
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT INFORMATION & SELECTION CENTER FOR GDP COURSE JOINING
The following requirements will be must at arrival PAF I & SC on the initial test day.
- Original certificate, detailed Marks Sheet of Matric/ICS/FSc or Equivalent, matric Detailed Mark Sheet.
- Original Result Card is necessary.
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) for the age of 18 years and above. Computerized Form “B” with Guardian’s Computerized National Identity Card CNIC (Father or Mother) for under 18 candidates smart card is mandatory duly issued by NADRA. If any candidate is not having the smart card on the test date, he will be allowed / entertained on the computerized slip for issuance of Smart Card by the NADRA.
- One set of all attested photocopies of the above-mentioned documents.
- 3x Passport size colored photos must duly attested (front and back) by Principal, Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
- Original along with one photocopy of the NOT RECOMMENDED letter of ISSB is required (Only for Repeater Candidates).
NOTE:- Candidates having Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted. Only Smart National Identity Card Required for PAF Registration and Verification.